What kind of technical documentation is usually translated?
- Scientific, medical, engineering articles…
- IT product specifications
- User manuals and online help
- Documentation related to audits and quality controls.
- Internal procedures and data sheets.
Why do technical translations are more expensive?
Rates for this type of translation are usually higher, and delivery times might be slightly longer. Rates and delivery times depend on:
- The scientific or technical complexity of the project.
- The number of specialist translators for each language combination.
- The market demand for these translators.
What is technical terminology?
In technical translation, it is of the utmost importance to carefully apply a consistent terminology. Knowing how to manage the right terminology for each project is the job of a good technical translation agency.
When you order a technical translation project from us, we will ask you to send us your company’s style guidelines and industry-specific glossaries. With this information we will create databases with official terminology and translations of, for example, acronyms or abbreviations.
In the first translation projects, collecting all this terminology costs time and money. But this initial investment pays off in the long run, as translations are produced with a consistent quality, the phrases already translated can be reused and little by little it is possible to translate more quickly.